1)US NAVY WELCOMED FIRST BLACK FEMALE PILOT;
- The US navy has welcomed its first black female Tactical Aircraft Pilot.
- Lt.j. g. Medeline swegle had completed Naval flight school and would later in july 2020 receive the flight officer insignia known as the "Wings of Gold".
Did You Know?Swegle's milestone comes more than 45 years after Rosemary mariner in 1974 become the first women to fly a tautical fighter jet.
2)RAJASTHAN LAUNCHED A CAMPAIGN ;
- A campaign had been launched by Rajasthan to ensure the purity of milk and its products.
- Samples of milk and dairy products will be collected under the campaign "Pure for Sure"from july 8-14, 2020.
Did You Know?Informations related to the samples will be provided by the food safety officers on the FSSAI app.
3)INDIA RANKED EIGHTH IN EIU REPORT;
- According to a new report, India has been ranked eighth for cancer preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific countries.
- EIU report on "Cancer preparedness in Asia-Pacific :progress towards universal cancer control ", examines the findings from the EIU's index of cancer preparedness.
4)ISRO TO LAUNCH BRAZIL'S SATELLITE ON PSLV;
- ISRO is gearing up to lift off Brazil's Amazon-1 satellite on August 2020 onboard the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
- The launch of Brazilian satellite is confirmed, but there is no clarity about the date for the planned launch.
Did You Know?Amazon-1 will be the first satellite for earth observation that is designed and tested in Brazil.
5)INDIAN BATTALION WON UNIFIL ENVIRONMENT AWARD;
- An Indian battalion stationed with the United Nations Interim Force In Lebanon (UNIFIL)has won an environment award.
- It has been awarded for a project that aims to decrease waste generation, reuse plastic, build green houses, and compost pits.
Did You Know?UNIFIL Head of Mission and Force Commander Major General Stefano Del Col gave the awards to seven mission entities.
6)WHO LAUNCHED AN INDEPENDENT REVIEW;
- WHO has announced an independent review of the international response to the COVID -19 pandemic.
- Former Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, a Nobel Prize winner and Helen Clark, former PM of New Zealand, will lead the review.
7)AVERAGE GLOBAL TEMPERATURE COULD RISE BY 15°C;
- Atleast one or more months during the next five years will be 1.5 degrees celsius warmer than pre-industrial levels.
- This was warmed by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
8)INDIAN NAVY COMPLETED OPERATION SAMUDRA SETU;
- Operation Samudra Setu, which was launched on may 5, 2020 has culminated after successfully bringing 3, 992 Indian citizens back to their homeland by sea.
- Indian Naval ships Jalashwaband Airvat, Shardul and Magar participated in this operation which lasted over 55 days.