1) INDIA'S SOLAR -POWERED FERRY WON AN HONOUR;
- Aditya, India's first solar powered ferry that commenced operations in 2017in Kerala's Vembanad backwaters,has won the prestigious Gustave Trouble Award for excellence in electrical boat's and boatings.
- The ferry was adjudged the world's best electric boat in the category of ferries designed for paid passenger service.
Did You Know?
Everyday it makes 22 trips with 75 people on board.
2)FIFTH ANNUAL MEETING OF AIIB;
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 5th annual meeting on the Board of Governor's of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) through video conference in New Delhi on 29 July 2020.
- The discussions at the meeting broadly covered official business and a roundtable discussion of the theme'AIIB-2030 -Supporting Asia's Development over the next Decade'.
3)UK , INDIA SET TO COLLABORATE;
- The United Kingdom has collaborated with India.
- It will strengths existing joint scientific research efforts with five new projects worth 8mn pounds to tackle Anti-Microbial Resistance(AMR).
- The UK contributed four million Pounds from its UK Research and Innovation Fund for International Collaboration,to which India matched its own resources.
4) INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY :29 JULY;
- World Tiger Day is celebrated on July 29 every year.
- The day aims at raising awareness about a gradual decline in Tiger population leaving them on the brink of extinction,and to encourage Tiger conservation.
- International Tiger Day was established in 2010 at saint Petersburg Tiger Summit in Russia.
Did You Know?
Around 3,900 tigers remain in the wild across the globe,accord to the world wild life Fund.
5)RUSSIA SUCCESSFULLY TESTED ZIRCON MISSILE;
- The Russia Defense Ministry has successfully completed tests of the Zircon Hypersonic Missile.
- The test launch of the new Missile were conducted from the Frigate Admiral Gorshkov .
- The tests confirmed the unique tactical and technical characteristics of the Missile in terms of range and accuracy,as well as the hypersonic speed of its flight.
6)TIGER CENCUS REPORT RELEASED ;
- Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on 28 july 2020 released tiger cencus report ahead of International Tiger Day.
- He also dedicated the Guinness World Record to the people on Tuesday on the evening of Global Tiger Day 2020.
- Saint Petersburg deceleration on Tiger conservation was signed by the countries in 2010 to double the number of tigers by 2020.
7)INDIA REPORT TO DIGITAL EDUCATION 2020;
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokriyal Nishank on 28 july 2020 launched India Report on Digital Education 2020.
- The report elaborated on the innovative methods adopted by ministry of HRD , Education Departments of states and UTs for ensuring accessible and Inclusive Education to children at home and reducing learning gaps.
8) NEW BOOK AUTHOURED BY DR.S.JAISHANKAR;
- Current Minister of External Affairs in the Government of India,S.Jaishankar has written a book titled"The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World".
- In this book ,Jaishankar analyses the various challenges faced by India on the path to becoming a leading power and also spells out possible policy responses.