1)FUTURE BRAND INDEX 2020 : RELIANCE RANKED SECOND ;
- Mukesh Ambani's oil -to -telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries have been ranked second biggest brand after Apple on the Future Brand Index 2020.
- The Future Brand Index is a global perception study that records PWC's Global Top 100 Companies by market cap on perception strength rather than financial strength.
Did You Know?
The 2020 list is topped by Apple while Samsung is ranked third.
2)SAI LAUNCHES PROGRAM FOR PE TEACHERS;
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) in association with Education Boards CISCE and CBSE, will host an online program of the training of Physical Education Teachers from CISCE schools.
- The program will br on "Khelo India Fitness Assessment of School Going Children ".
- The program will target 7500 participants across 2615 CISCE schools in two zones.
3)PAKISTAN TO CONFER AWARD TO TURKISH LAWMAKER ;
- Pakistan will confer the country's prestigious award to a turkish lawmaker, Ali Sahin, in recognition of his services to promoting friendship between two countries.
- President Mr.Arif Alvi will present award to him on Aug 24, on the country's Independence Day.
- Sahin is he chairman of the Pakistan -Turkey friendship parliamentary group.
4)INDIA NO MORE THIRD LARGEST UNICORN BASE;
- India is no more the third largest base for Unicorns globally.
- The country has slipped to the 4th position pipped by the UN as the total number of Unicorns in India failed to increase in 2020.
- According to Hurun Global Unicorns 2020 list, Indias number of Unicorns was in 2019 and remained the same in 2020.
5)INDIAS FIRST SNOW LEOPARD CONSERVATION CENTRE;
- India's first Snow Leopard Conservation Centre will be opened om Uttarkashi Forest Division in Uttarkhand.
- The centre will be built by the uttarkhand forest department along United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) as part of its six year long project, SECURE Himalayas.
6)CRSI BRONZE MEDAL FOR IICT SCIENTIST;
- Senior Principal Scientist in the department of Organic Synthesis and Process Chemistry CSIR -Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Dr.Srihari Pabbaraja, has been selected for the Chemical Research Society of India Bronze Medal 2021.
- He will be honoured for his contributions in the field of total synthetic of Natural Products and Method Development for new chemical entities.
7)NHAI SIGNS MOU WITH IIT DELHI;
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and IIT Delhi have signed an MoU to setup a centre of Excellence (COE) on Advance Data Management System for Highways in IIT Delhi.
- Both will work on Project Management and Data Management Highway Network Traffic Demand and Incident Management, etc...