BITA (Banking Institute & TNPSC Academy)
30 November 2020
TNPSC - CURRENT AFFAIRS
· Government launches ‘Mission COVID Suraksha’ to help boost vaccine development
· DRDO increases ICU beds in Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel COVID hospital at Delhi Cantt
· United States second biggest FDI source for India during first half of FY 2020-2021
· PM Modi visit to Varanasi: Inaugurates six-lane widening project of Prayagraj- Varanasi Section, attends Dev Deepawali Mahotsav
· Quarantine named Word of the Year 2020
· Delhi government caps price of RT-PCR test at Rs 800 in private labs
· Government calls all-party meeting on December 4
· India has lowest per million cases and per million deaths
· US President-elect announces all-women communications team
· New DRDO lab-created for focused research along India's border with Pakistan, China
· Greg Barclay of New Zealand was appointed as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
· Germany is planning to impose a mandatory quota for the number of women working in senior management positions in the country’s listed firms
· The International Computer Security Day is ccelebrated annually on November 30.
· The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and Invest India has launched this.
· It lays out 18 Investment Opportunity Areas (IOAs) in six SDG enabling sectors.
· They are education, healthcare, agriculture and allied activities, financial services, renewable energy & alternatives and sustainable environment.
· The President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates 80th All India Presiding Officers’ Conference in Kevadia, Gujarat
· The two-day conference has been organized by Lok Sabha to celebrate Constitution Day on November 26.
· The theme of the conference is Harmonious Coordination of Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary - Key to Vibrant Democracy.
· The Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla is the Chairperson of this conference.
· The year, 2020, is also being celebrated as the centenary year of the Presiding officer's Conference.
· The All India Presiding Officers Conference began in 1921.
· The Government has launched this with an aim to help primary cooperative societies play bigger roles in Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
· It is an innovative capacity building initiative for the farmers associated with such entities in the country.
· Under this, the farmers in primary cooperatives in rural areas of the country would be trained by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
· The Union Cabinet approved Rs 6,000 crores of capital infusion into the National Infrastructure Investment Fund.
· This is a part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The move will leverage to create financial pipeline of Rs 1 lakh crore.
· The Fund was set up by Government of India in February 2015.
· The main objective of creating the fund was to increase the investment in Greenfield and brownfield projects.
· It includes social and economic Infrastructure Projects.
· India test fired the new land-attack version Brahmos at Andaman Islands.
· It is a surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile.
· The range of the missile has been extended to 400 km from the original 290 km.
· The speed has been maintained at 2.8 Mach or almost three times the speed of sound.
· Brahmos-II is currently under development with a speed of Mach 7-8.
· After India became a member of Missile Technology Control Regime in 2016, Russia is to jointly build a new version of Brahmos missile that has a range of 800 km.
· The name of Brahmos missile was coined from the two rivers Brahmaputra of India and Moskva of Russia.
· It is the fastest anti-ship cruise missile in the world.
· The missile can be launched from ships, submarines, aircraft and from land platforms.
· The Varunastra was handed over to the Indian Navy by its manufacturer Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) located in Vishakhapatnam.
· Varunastra is the first heavy weight torpedo of India.
· It is an underwater weapon with an explosive warhead.
· It is the first ever torpedo indigenously designed and developed in India.
· It is an Indian advanced heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo.
· It is an anti-submarine torpedo and is electrically-propelled.
· The weapon has a range of 40 kilo meters, can travel at a speed of up to 70 kilo meters per hour.
· It can carry a warhead weighing 250 kg.
· It was developed by the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL)of the Défense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) located in Vishakhapatnam.
· According to the Indian Défense Industry, it is the only torpedo in the world to have a GPS-based locating aid.
· Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare – November30