1)WORLD BANK's STARS TO SHINE ON STATE;
Did You Know?
- Kerala is among the six states in the country to benifit from the World Bank's $500 million strengthening teaching -learning programme aimed at improving the quality and governance of school education.
- The $500 million loan from the IBRD has a final maturity of 14.5 years, including a grace period of 5 years.
IBRD - International Bank For Reconstruction and Development.
2)MISSISSIPPI SET TO REMOVE CONFEDERATE EMBLEM FROM ITS FLAG;
- Mississippi is on the verge of changing its state flag to erase a confederate battle emblem thats broadly condemned as racist.
- A comnission would design a new flag that can't include the symbol and that must have the words "IN GOD WE TRUST".
3)WEBINAR ON EMERGING TECHNOLOGY ;
- Ramco Institute Of Technology, Rajapalayam, organised a two day webinar recently to promote research among students and scholars.
- Around 243 students, faculty members and scientists presented their papers in the event that attracted participation of 2, 357 students and scholars from around the world.
4)GENCO SHIFTING EXCESS MAN POWER OUT OF NTTPS AND RTPP;
- The AP-Genco recently transferred 282 employees from RTTP to SDSTPS, redeployed 264 employees within NTTPS and shifted 55 employees from NTTPS complex to SDSTPS to put its man power to optimum use.
- The man - megawatt ratio at RTPP and NTTPS are 1.03 and 1.28 against the normative standard of 0.80 per megawatt.
RTPP-Rayalaseema Thermal Power Plant.
SDSTPS-Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermam Power Station.
NTTPS-Dr. Narla Tatarao Thermal Power Station.
5)MUKESH KUMAR MEENA WAS APPOINTED AS NEW DGP GOA;
- Mukesh kumar was transferred from mizoram and appointed as DGP, Goa.
- The post of DGP was vaccant since the death of former DGP pranab Nadda in November 2019.
Mr. Meena is a 1997 batch IPS officer and belongs to AGMUT cadre.
6)LIVERPOOL WON THE ENGLISH PREMIUM LEAGUE;
- Liverpool has won the English Premium League title 2019-20.
- The team has titled EPL championship after the defeat of manchester city on the hands of chelsea.
They won the title after a gap of 30 years.
7)NASA HQ's TO BE RENAMED AFTER MARY JACKSON;
- NASA Headquarters will be renamed after Mary Jackson to honour her efforts to place the first humans on the surface of the moon.
- Jackson was an African American women served NASA until 1935.she was also an mathematician and an aerospace engimeer, inducted into NASA in 1951.
She was honoured with congressional Gold Medal in 2019.
8)VINI MAHAJAN, NEW CHIEF SECRETARY OF PUNJAB ;
- Vini Mahajan has replaced Karan Avtar Singh as Chief Secretary of Punjab and has become the first women to become so.
- She was now serving as a Additional Chief Secretary in various departments of Gol, and Health Sector Response and Procurements Committee( state government ).
She is a 1987 batch IAS officer.
9)MANOJ DWIVEDI WAS APPOINTED AS GENERAL SECRETARY;
- Manoj Dwivedi has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of General Administration Department of Jammu and Kashmir.
- He is the current Commissioner Secretary, industries and commerce of Jammu and Kashmir.
He is a 1997 batch IAS officer.
10)BATTERY SWAP FACILITY LAUNCHED IN CHANDIGARH ;
- VP Singh Badnore and Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a battery swap facility for commercial vehicles in Chandigarh.
- There is an agreement between Indian oil and m/s sun mobility to explore the opportunities to set up such infrastructure at the Indian oil retail outlets.
- It will help India to promote the use of e-vehicles and complete its target under the climate change agreement.