1)PSG BEAT LYON OF PENALTIES;
- Paris St Germain completed a domestic trebleas they bleat Olympique Lyonnais 6-5 on penalties to lift the french league cup.
- Pablo Sarabia scored PSG's final penality in the shoot out after goal keeper Keylor Navas had saved Bertrand Traores spot kick to give the Ligue 1 champions their ninth league cup trophy.
2)GUINESS WORLD RECORD CREATED IN UP ;
- Plantation drive carried out by UP's forest department in 8 districts has now entered Guiness World Record for most species planted in 240 locations within an hour on july 28, 2020.
- The state has been made greener by planting 25 crorw trees in the massive plantation drive.
3)US HOUSE PANEL PASSES A BILL;￼
- The foriegn affairs committee of the US House of Representative has passed legislation for consideration of the full chamber that seeks to set up an exchange programme for Indian and American students to study Gandhi and Martin Luther King.
- The Gandhi -King scholarly Exchange Initiative Act was authored by John Lewis, the civil rights leader democratic member of the house.
4)IRAN LANCHES UNDERGROUND BALLISTIC MISSILES ;
- Irans Parliamentary Revolutionary Guard launched underground ballistic missiles on 29 july.
- It was launched as a part of a drill that targeted a replica American aircraft carrier in the strait of Hormuz.
5)SABIC PLANT :FIRST TO OPERATE ON 100% RE;
- The polycarbonate facility of SABIC in Spain is all set to become the worlds first large scale chemical production plant to run entirely on renewable energy.
- It manufactures on a global scale in America, the middle East and the Asia Pacific, making distincly different kinds of projects.
Did you Know?
SABIC is a global driversified chemical company, headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
6)UNICEF PUBLISHES FIRST OF ITS KIND REPORT ;
- Lead poisoning is affecting children on a massive and previously unknown scale, according to a new report launched by UNICEF and pure Earth on 30 july.
- The report, the first of its kind, says that around 1 in 3 children upto 800mn globally have blood lead levels at or above 5 micrograms per deciliter, the beve 1 which requires action.
Did You Know?
Nearly half of this children live in South Asia.