1)IRDAI FORMED A PANEL;
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has formed a working group to examine the feasibility of 'Pandemic Risk Pool '.
- Suresh mathur, Executive Director of IRDAI, will be the chairman for the 9 member working group with the industry representatives as member.
- A part from studying the need for such pool, the group will be recommend the structure and operating model.
2) DR. HARSH VARDHAN RELEASED A WHITE PAPER;
- Science and Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan released a white paper on "Focused Interventions for 'Make in India':pest COVID-19 "and active pharmaceutical ingredients status, issues, technology rediness, and challenges.
- The white paper highlighted five sector.
Did You Know?It was prepared by Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC).
3)WORLD POPULATION DAY :JULY 11;
- World Population Day is celebrated on july 11 every year, inorder to spread and raise awarness of the raising global population issues.
- The theme of this year is, 'How to safeguard the health and rights of women and girls now amid the pandemic.
Did You Know?The day was invented by General Council of the United Nations Development Programme, way back in 1989.
4)AUSTRALIA SUSPENDED HONGKONG TREATY;
- Australia has suspended its extradition treaty with Hongkong in response to fears over a new national security law imposed by china.
- The new law under mined "Hong kong's own basic law "and territory's current level of autonomy from Beijing.
Did You Know?Canada also suspended its extradition treaty.
5)RIL-BP LAUNCH FUEL AND MOBILITY JOINT VENTURE ;
- Reliance Industries and Uk's energy major BP have announced the launch of Reliance Bp Mobility Limited.
- It is a fuel and mobility joint venture.
- Operating under the "jio -BP "brand the joint venture aims to become a leading player in India's fuels and mobility markets.
6)JOSHNA CHINAPPA IN WORLD'S TOP 10 RANKINGS ;
- India's squash star Joshna Chinappa has broken back into the top 10 of the PSA world rankings following the retirement of Egyptian world number one Raneem El Welily.
- Joshna, who has not played since march 3020 due to COVID-19 pandemic, moved up a spot to be in the 10th position
Did You Know?Egypt's Nouran Gohar is the new world number one following Raneem's retirement.
7)MUSHTAQUE AHMED RESIGNS AS HOCKEY INDIA PRESIDENT ;
- Hockey India named Gyanendra Ningombam as the officiating president at the Emergent Executive Board Meeting after Mushtaque Ahmed tendered his resignation.
- Sports ministry had asked Ahmed to step down having declared that his 2018 election was a violation of the national sports code's tenure guidelines.
Did You Know?Ahmed had been working as president of National Sports Body since 2018.
8)KRITHIK KRISHNAMURTHY-NEW CEO OF COLLABERA;
- Collabera, a global technology talent solutions provider, has announced the appointment of his new CEO, Krithik Krishnamurthy.
- Previously, krithik was SVP and Global Market's Leader at cognizant and a member of their Executive Leadership Team.