1)BRETT LEE:BRAND AMBASSADOR OF SPORTS ADDA;
- Sports Adda, Indian news and information website for cricket, football and kabadi has signed former Australian cricket legand Brett Lee as its Ambassador.
- As an Ambassador Brett Lee will be conducting a host of fun activities including contests, quizzes, Q &As, bowling master classes, and give aways that will feature exclusively on the Sports Adda app, website and social handles.
2)INDIA'S FIRST CONTACTLESS CAR PARKING ;
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL)is offering fully contactless airport car parking service.
- The airport has introduced a high standard of safety with contactless toll transactions.
3)DCGI APPROVED A VACCINE ;
- Drug Controller General of India (DCGI)has given approval to the first fully indigenously developed pneumococcal polysaccharides conjugate vaccine.
- This vaccine is used to active immunization against invasive disease and pneumonia caused by 'Streptococcus Pneumonia ' in infants.
Did You Know?
This is the first indigenously developed vaccine in the field of pneumonia.
4)NABARD LAUNCHED PROJECTS WORTH RS.44 LAKHS ;
- In Andaman and Nicobar Islands, NABARD has launched development projects worth Rs. 44 lakhs.
- They have been launched inorder to strengthen the concept of Atmanirbhar Bharat through rural entrepreneurship.
5)INDIA-US CEO FORUM HELD ON 14 JULY ;
- The India -US CEO forum was held through a telephonic conference on 14 july 2020.
- This is the fifth time the forum have been convened since its reconstitution in december 2014 by India and US.
- The meeting was chaired by Commerce and Industry Minister, Piyush Goyal and US secretary of commerce Wilbur Ross.
6)A COMMUNICATIONS SATELLITE LAUNCHED FROM CHINA ;
- A high power broad band communications satellite have been successfully launched abroad a chinese long march 3B rocket.
- It has been designed to provide interest acess to airliner, passengers, cruise ships, fishing vessels, and other mobile users.
7)IPGA SUCCESSFULLY HOSTED A WEBINAR ;
- India Pulses and Grains Association has successfully hosted a webinar of "The Knowledge Series".
- It was focussed on the path-breaking reforms announced by the Indian Government and their impact on domestic trade, agricultural production, market dynamics, investments, and supply chain.
8)ASHOK LAVASA :APPOINTED AS VICE PRESIDENT OF ADB;
- The Asian Development Bank has appointed election commissioner Ashok Lavasa as its Vice President.
- He will succeed current vice president at ADB Diwakar Gupta whose tenure ends on 31 August 2020.