1)INDIA'S FIRST HONEY TESTING LABORATORY ;
- In Gujarat, India's first honey testing laboratory has been set up at the National Dairy Development Board in Anand District.
- The new lab will test honey as per the norms specified by the food safety regulator FSSAI.
Did You Know?The purity of honey, adulteration, chemical substances, residues, heavy metals, or antibodies are checked.
2)WORLD IVF DAY:25 JULY ;
- World IVF Day is observed on july 25 every year.
- It symbolises the essence and significance of the In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) technique in infertility treatment.
- This day is declared as the World IVF Day following the first IVF baby's birth in the world.
Did You know?
39 years ago, the world was introduced to its first test tube baby when Louise Brown was born through the IVF technique at Bourn Hall.
3)ISL BECOMES MEMBER OF WORLD LEAGUES FORUM;
- The Indian Super League has been inducted into the prestigious World Leagues Forum (WLF).
- It is an association of professional football league which includes the likes of premier league, La Liga and Bundeslig.
Did You Know?
It has become the first league from South Asia and seventh in Asia to join WLF.
4)INDIA'S MATERNAL MORTALITY RATIO DIPS TO 113;
- India's Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) has dropped by 7.4% in 2016-2018.
- But it is still almost double the Sustainable Development Goal target set by the WHO.
- India's MMR in 2016-2018 has been 113, which was 122 in 2015-2017, according to the Sample Registration Systems (SRS) estimate released by the Register General of India.
5)EU, INDIA TO DEVELOP BIO-TECH;
- Indian Institute if Technology will develop a biotechnology based water treatment system for the purification of sewage water flowing into the river Ganga and Godavari.
- This will be done under a joint project funded by India and the European Union.
Did You Know?
The project was titled "SPRING" is be being funded for a period of 3 years starting from june 2020.
6)PUNJAB CABINET APPROVED A WATER SUPPLY PROJECT ;
- The punjab government has approved a World Bank - aided canal -based water supply projects worth over USD 285.71 million for Amritsar and Ludhiana.
- The decision was taken in the cabinet meeting by Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh.
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) would finance 70% for USD 200 million.
7)KARNATAKA GOVERNMENT FORMS A COMPANY ;
- The Karnataka Cabinet has cleared the formation of Karnataka Digital Economy Mission.
- The company promote 7000 startups, e-commerce and other gig economy companies in the state.
- The new company will be incorporated under the section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 with the government of karnataka holding 49% and the balance 51% by the industries and other stakeholders.
8)GAIL AND CARBON CLEAN SOLUTIONS SIGN A MOU;
- GAIL (India)Limited and Carbon Clean Solutions Limited (CCSL) have signed a MoU for exploring project development opportunities in Compressed Bio Gas (CBG) value chain in India.
- The MoU aims at building a closer strategic partnership between the two companies by jointly working on CBG projects.