1)HAMED BAKAYO NAMED AS PM OF IVORY COAST;
- Ivory coast's defence minister, Hamed Bakayoko, has been named the PM, after acting as interim Prime Minister since the sudden death of Amadou Gon Cauli baly.
- He has also been mayor of Abobo, one of the west african country's most popular district since 2018.
2)NITIN GADKARI INAUGURATES UPSTREAM CARRIAGE WAY;
- Road, Transport and High ways Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the upstream carriage way of Mahatma Gandhi bridge over river Ganga in Bihar.
- Over 5.5 km long, the 4-lane bridge lies on NH -19 between Patna and Hajipur.
- It is being constructed at a cost of 1, 742 crore rupees.
3)NASA MARS PERSEVERANCE ROVER LAUNCH ;
- NASA launched its Mars Perseverance Rover on july 30, from cape canaveral airforce station, Florida.
- The main aim of the Mars perseverance rover is to seek signs of ancient life and collect rock and soil samples for a possible return to Earth.
Did You Know?
The duration of the mission is expected to be atleast one Mars year which is equivalent to 687days on Earth.
4)AIR POLLUTION CUTS LIFE EXPECTANCY BY 5.2 YEARS;
- Pollution levels in India shave off 5.2 years from the life expectancy of the average Indian and it mostly accutely hits people living in the Indo Gangetic plains.
- This was stated in an assessment by the Energy Policy Institute at the university of Chicago, which showed that the situation had slightly improved between 2016-2018.
- India is the second most polluted country globally after Bangladesh.
5)JIN LIQUN REELECTED PRESIDENT OF AIIB;
- Jin Liqun has been elected to a second term as president of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank by the Banks Board of Governors.
- President Jins second fiver year term will begin 16, jan 2021.
6)GREEN -AG PROJECT LAUNCHED IN MIZORAM ;
- Green -Ag a project funded by Global Environment Facility (GEF) has been launched in Mizoram.
- It aims to catalyze a sustainable transformation of Indian agriculture without compromising the country's food security and farmers income.
- Mizoram is among the five Indian states where the project will be implemented.
7)BABITA PHOGAT :DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SPORTS DEPARTMENT ;
- The Haryana Government has appointed international wrestler Babita Phogat and kabbadi player Kavita Devi as deputy directors in the Sports and Youth Affairs Department.
- They were appointed under outstanding sports persons (Recruitment and conditions of service )rules 2018.
8)BIEL CHESS FESTIVAL :HARIKRISHNA FINISHES SECOND ;
- Pendyala Harikrishna won the classical event of the Biel international chess festival in Switzerland but had to settle for the second spot overall.
- It was the fine performance from world no. 26 in what was the first major chess tournament played over the board after corona crisis impacted the world sport.
Did You Know?
Poland's Radoslaw Wojtaszek came first with 37 points.