1)ATAL INNOVATION MISSION LAUNCHES AIM-ICREST;
- NITI Aayog's Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has launched AIM ICREST an incubator enhancement program for a Robust Eco system.
- It focused on creating high performing startups.
- This is a first of it's kind initiative for advancing innovation at scale in India.
2)NAVAL COMMUNICATION NETWORK TRAINING LAB;
- The Naval Communication Network (NCN) training lab at signal school, Kochi was inaugurated on 29 july.
- It is designed to provide comprehensive and realistic training to naval personnel in the operation and management of NCN.
- The lab is equipped with modern IT infrastructure to impart training of NCN related applications, security features and trouble shooting protocols.
3) US SIGNS MOU WITH VIETNAM ;
- The US and Vietnam signed an MoU to strengthen Hanoi's fisheries management and law enforcement capabilities amid diaputes with Beijing in the south china sea.
- The MoU also provides for support against intimidation of vietnam's fishermen in the South China sea.
- The US looks forward to working together with vietnam to strengthen the sustainability of its fisheries.
4)SEMBCORP COMMISSIONS THREE WIND POWER PROJECTS ;
- Sembcorp Energy India has announced the successful completion of its three wind power projects with a total capacity of 800MV.
- The projects were auctioned by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
Did You Know?
Sembcorp become the first independent power producer to fully commission its projects awarded in the first three wind auctions held by SECI.
5)ADB APPROVES 3 MILLION US DOLLARS GRANT TO INDIA;
- The Asian Development Bank has approved a $3 million grant to india from its Asia Pacific Disaster Response (APDRF).
- This grant will further support the governments emergency response to COVID pandemic.
- It help to enhance disease surveillance and help in early detection, contact training and treatment.
6)BENGALURUS LIFE SCIENCES PARK;
- Karnataka CM B S.Yediyarappa on 29 july laid the foundation stone for Rs.5000 crore Bengaluru Life Sciences Park, coming up on 52acres at Electronics city.
- The first phase of the project is the public private partnership between state government and Labzone corporation.
7)CSIR, UBA-IIT DELHI, VIJNANA BHARATI SIGN MOU;
- A MoU has been signed between Unnat Bharat Abhiyan-IIT Delhi and Vijnana Bharti, New Delhi.
- It will provide access to CSIR rural technologies for UBA and it is expected to lay the foundation for cooperation and joint action in the area of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan for rural development of India
Did You Know?
UBA is a flagship national program of the ministry of HRD.