1)PARTHA PRATIM SENGUPTA :NEW MD, CEO OF IOB;
- Partha Pratim Sengupta has been appointed as the new managing director and chief executive of Indian Overseas Bank.
- He is currently the deputy managing director of SBI and was the chief general manager at SBI's kolkata circle earlier.
2)ADANI PORTS SIGNS UP FOR AN INITIATIVE ;
- Adani ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) has signed up for the Science -Based Targets Initiative (SBTI).
- It has become the first port to commit to set science based emissions reduction targets across their entire value chain.
3)RAJESH BHUSHAN APPOINTED AS NEW HEALTH SECRETARY ;
- Rajesh Bhushan, IAS officer of 1987 batch, Bihar cadre has been appointed as the new Health Secretary in the Union Health Ministry.
- He was earlier holding the post of OSD in the Health Ministry and will succeed Preeti Sudan upon completion of her tenure on july 31, 2020.
- Ms. Sudan was granted an extension for three months as Health Secretary in April 2020.
4)INDIA'S SECOND NATIONAL PLASMA BANK OPENED ;
- India's second National level plasma bank was opened in Tamil Nadu at a cost of Rs. 2.34 crore, after New delhi.
- It has been opened with the approval of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
5)KARNATAKA APPROVES NEW INDUSTRIAL POLICY;
- The Karnataka state cabinet has approved the new industrial policy for 2020-2025.
- The policy will focus on facilitating investments to the state by providing fresh incentives and easing regulatory processes.
Did You Know?
The focus of New Industrial Policy 2020-2025 is to exploit Karnataka's Industrial Powers, creating and enabling environment development of infrastructure etc..
6)THIRD UNIT OF KAKRAPAR ATOMIC POWER PLANT READY;
- The third unit of Kakrapar Atomic Power Plant (KAPP) in Gujarat is ready to generate electricity, with 700MW reactor achieving critically.
- A nuclear reactor reaches critically when it is ready for ongoing nuclear reaction or fission that generates energy.
Did You Know?
Kakrapar is part of india's Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR)portfolio.
7)ISRAEL, INDIA TO STEP UP CORPORATION ;
- Israel has divided to send a team of scientists working to develop a rapid testing kit for corona virus, to India.
- The Israeli team will work in AIIMS in Delhi.
8)NICARAGUA SIGNS SOLAR ALLIANCE AGREEMENT ;
- Nicaragua has become the latest country to join the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement.
- It is an initiative led by India to promote sustainable energy.
- Nicaragua's permanent representative to the United Nations Jaime Hermida Castillo signed the agreement at the permanent mission of India to the UN.