1)INDIAN ARMY GOT BHARAT DRONES;
- DRDO has provided its indigenously developed drone -Bharat to the Indian Army.
- It will help in conducting accurate surveillance in high altitude areas and mountainous terrain along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.
2)RARE YELLOW TURTLE DISCOVERED IN INDIA;
- A farmer in Eastern India has found a yellow turtle which experts say is the product of Albinism.
- Basudev Mahapatra spotted the turtle while he is working in the village of Sujanpur, in Odisha's Balasore district.
Did You Know?
Albinism is a cogenital disorder and is characterized by complete or partial absence of tyrosine pigment.
3)INDIA SUCCESSFULLY TEST FIRED "DHRUVASTRA";
- India has succeasfully conducted three flight tests of its indigenously developed anti -tank guided missile "Dhruvastra"from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
- Developed by DRDO, the helicopter launched Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) is one of the most advanced anti tank weapons in the world.
- The sophisticated missile was test fired twice on july 15 and once in july 16, 2020.
4)PUNJAB GOVERNMENT SIGNED MOU WITH IIT ROPAR;
- Punjab government has signed a MoU with IIT Ropar.
- The MoU provides for the IIT's Technical Education department to become an academic mentor for the state's engineering colleges at Gurdaspur and Ferozepur, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Skill Institute at Chamkaur sahib, five government polytechnics and ten government ITI's.
- The institute will also help the state in developing a model ITI and a model polytechnic.
5)NATIONAL BROADCASTING DAY :23JULY;
- National Broadcasting Day is observed on july 23 every year.
- On this day in 1927, the first ever radio broadcast in the country went on the air from the Bombay station under a private company, the Indian Broadcasting company.
Did You Know?
On 8th july 1936, the Indian State Broadcasting Service become All India Radio.
6)TURKMENISTAN GOT OBSERVER STATUS IN WTO;
- Turkmenistan has been granted observer status by the World Trade Organization (WTO) General Council.
- It has become the last former soviet republic to establish formal ties with the trade body.
7)INDIAN GM HARIKRISHNA WON CHESS 960;
- P. Harikrishna won the chess 960 event of the 53rd Biel International Chess Festival in Switzerland.
- It is the first major chess tournament taking place since the corona virus out break.
8)SOUTH KOREA LAUNCHED FIRST MILITARY SATELLITE ;
- Space X has launched South Korea's first Military Communication Satellite into space.
- ANASIS-II satellite lifted off from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in the US state of Florida.
- The launch has made by South Korea, the 10th country in the world to own a military communication satellite, which will provide "Permanent and Secured Military Communications".
9)PI APPROXIMATION DAY :22 JULY;
- Pi Day, also known as Casual Pi Day is observed every year on july 22 all around the world.
- The fraction 22/7 is an approximate value of pi.
- Pi Day is observed on March 14 every year all over the world.