1)DELHI CABINET APPROVED A SCHEME ;
- The Delhi government has approved doorstep delivery of ration to eligible benificiaries, Chief Minister Aravind Kejriwal announced.
- The scheme was known as "Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojna".
2)A BOOK BY BALDEV SINGH SADAKNAMA;
- Sahitya Akademi Award winner, Baldev Singh Sadaknama has authored a book "Suraj Kade Marda Nahi".
- The bokk portrays many aspects of freedom fighter Udham Singh and it is published by unistarbooks.
- It has been released on udham singh's 80th death anniversary.
Did You Know?'Suraj Kade Arda Nahi' means 'Sun Never Dies'.
3)CR PATIL: GUJARAT BJP PRESIDENT ;
- In Gujarat, senior BJP leader CR Patil on, 21 july assumed charge as state BJP president at party headquarters Gandhinagar.
- Patil was the third term MP from Navsari, replaced Jitu Vaghani.
4)BCCI SEEKS GOVERNMENT'S PERMISSION TO HOST IPL IN UAE;
- BCCI will seek the government permission to stage 2020's Indian Premier League (IPL) in the United Arab Emirates.
- This was stated by IPL Chief Brijesh patel on 21 july.
5)INDIA & MALDIVES SIGNED AN AGREEMENT ;
- India and Maldives have signed an agreement for the establishment of "Emergency Medical Services" in capital Male.
- It is one of the several small and medium projects that are being financed by India under a grant assistance of around 20 million US dollars for neighboring country.
6)HIL SUPPLIED 20.60 MT OF DDT TO SOUTH AFRICA;
- HIL (India) Limited has supplied 20.60 metric tonnes of DDT 75 percent WP to SouthAfrica for their Malaria Control Programme.
- The Department of Health, South Africa will be utilising DDT in three provinces adjoining Mozambigue.
7)GOVERNMENT SEPERATES OPERATION ROUTES;
- Ministry of Shipping has seperated the operation routes for merchant vessels and fishing vessels in south west Indian waters.
- Ministry has taken the step keeping in view the safety and efficiency of navigation.
- The new route will come into force from 1 August 2020.
Did You Know?
It will also reduce instances of collision and will provide ease in flow of traffic.
8)AIIMS DELHI START A NATIONAL PROGRAMME;
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi in collaboration with Union Health Ministry and NITI Aayog will start a National Programme.
- It is called "National Clinical Grandrounds "on COVID -19 from 22 july 2020.