1)MOU SIGNED BETWEEN CDB &MOMSME;
- A formal MoU was signed between the Central Board of Direct Taxes, CBDT and Ministry of MSME for sharing of data by CBDT to the ministry.
- The MoU will facilitate seamless sharing of certain income tax return related information by the Income Tax Department to MSME Ministry.
2)NOVEL QUICK RESPONSE MECHANISM IMPLEMENTED ;
- A novel quick response mechanism is being implemented in the largely rural Perambalur district of Tamil Nadu, near Trichy.
- The scheme called "RACE" is an integrated approach for the quick resolution of various kinds of emergencies.
Did You Know?RACE-Rapid Action Force for Community Emergency.
3)A STATEMENT OF INTENT SIGNED;
- Youth Affairs secretary Usha Sharma has signed a statement of intent for partnership with UNICEF India, YuWaah India and United Nations in India.
- It has been signed to work together with young people for empowering them and to make them change makers with access to aspirational socio-economic opportunities.
4) CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 2019 CAME INTO FORCE ;
- The consumer protection act, 2019 came into force on 20 july 2020.
- This new act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various notified rules and provisions.
- The act includes, the establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority, CCPA to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers.
5)2020 NELSON MANDELA PRIZE WINNERS ;
- The laureates of UN 2020 Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela prize are Marianna Vardinoyannis of Greece and Morissana Kouyate of Guinea.
- It was announced by General Assembly President Tijjani Muhammad -Bande.
Did You Know?
Vardinoyannis is a Greek Philanthropist known for fighting childhood cancer.
6)INFOSYS SIGNED LONG TERM PACT WITH LANXESS;
- IT software major infosys has announced a long term partnership with german speciality chemicals company lanxess.
- It will enable its global workforce spread, across 33countries with a secure and fully managed modern workface.
7)LEWIS HAMILTON WON EIGHTH HUNGARIAN GP;
- Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian Grand Prix for the eighth time to equal Michael Schumacher's single venue record.
- Hamilton's lastest victory from pole position was as comfortable as the nearly 9 second margin over second place Max Verstappan suggested.
8)NEW PRIVATE SECRETARY TO PRESIDENT ;
- A 2001 batch India Revenue Service Income Tax Cadre Officer, P. Praveen Siddharth, has been appointed private secretary to president Ram Nath Kovind.
- Mr. Siddharth is already serving as officer On Speed Duty (OSD) in the president's secretariat.