1)HIRANANDANI GROUP'S YOTTA INKED A PACT;
- Hiranandani Group's data center company yotta infrastructure has signed an agreement with the government of Tamil nadu to set up a data center park in Chennai.
- It would be spread over a 13 acre campus.
2)GSK COLLABORATED WITH GERMANY'S CUREVAC;
- Britain's GSK would invest 130 million pounds to buy a 10% stake in Germany's CureVac.
- CureVac is using RNA approach that has also been adopted by BioTech and its partner Pfizer as well as Moderna.
Did You Know?It will launch a collaboration to develop up to five m-RNA based vaccines.
3)SIX TYPES OF COVID -19 FOUND;
- British scientists found there are distinct types of COVID-19 each distinguished by a cluster of symptoms.
- The six types are: Flu-like with no fever, Flu -like with no fever, Gastrointestinal, severe level one: Fatigue, severe level two:Confusion, severe level three:Abdominal and Respiratory.
4)CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED AN APP;
- The central government has launched the mobile app of PM street vendor's Atma Nirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi)scheme on july 17, 2020.
- This app aims to provide a user friendly digital interface for Lending Institutions (LIs) and their field functionaries for sourcing and processing loan applications of street vendors under the scheme.
5)WORLD CHESS DAY:20JULY;
- Every year on july 20, International Chess Day is celebrated to honour the founding of the federation Internationale des Echecs, also known as FIDES in the year 1924.
- In the fifth century, chess was invented in India and was called as 'Chaturanga' at that time.
Did You Know?The motto of the year 2020 is 'Teach someone how to play chess'.
6)INDIA AND ISRAEL SIGNED AN AGREEMENT ;
- India and Israel have signed an agreement to further expand collaboration in dealing with cyber threats amid rapid digitisation due to the corona virus pandemic.
- The agreement lays down the framework for dialogue, cooperation in capacity building, mutual exchange of best practices in the field and facilitates regular exchanges.
7)UAE LAUNCHED ITS FIRST SPACE MISSION TO MARS;
- UAE's historic journey to mars has been successfully started from the Tanegashima space center in Japan.
- The space craft Hope Probe took offf on july 20, 2020.
- H2A, the rocket carrying the Hope Probe to space, was launched from Tanegashima space centre in Japan.
8)2020 INDIA IDEAS SUMMIT ON JULY 22;
- India Business Council will host the 2020 India Ideas summit on july 22.
- The summit convenes business and government leaders for discussion on the future of US-India partnership and the trends shaping globalization, trade and investment.
- PM Narendra Modi and US secretary of state Mike Pompeo will deliver the keynote addresses.