1)TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT TO SET UP TURMERIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE;
- The TN government has proposed to establish a Turmeric Research Institute at Modakurichi in the district to enhance the production and held the growers realise more income.
- The institute will be established at a cost of Rs. 30 crore.
Did You Know?Turmeric is currently cultivated on 13, 955 acres in Erode, Kodumudi, Modakurichi, Bhavini, Anthiyur, and Gobichettipalayam areas.
2)REAL MADRID LIFTS 34th LA LIGA TITLE;
- Real Madrid clinched a record-extending 34th La Liga title with one game to spare by beating villarreal 2-1.
- Two goals come from its leading scorer Karim Benzema.
- Real have 86 points after 37 games, seven more than deposed champion Barcelona which was beaten 2-1 at home to Osasuna.
3)INDIA - BHUTAN OPENED NEW TRADE ROUTE;
- India and Bhutan have opened a new trade route between Jaigaon in West Bengal and Pasakha in Bhutan.
- The link between Jaigaon and Ahlay, Pasakha will facilitate connectivities between two countries in this COVID -19 times.
4)VALLARPADAM TERMINAL DEVELOPMENT REVIEW;
- Union Minister of Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya asked officials to prepare a strategy to make Vallarpadam terminal of Cochin port into a trans-shipment hub.
- The port handles containers, stores them temporarily, and transfers them to other ships for the on ward destination.
Did You Know?The Vallarpadam terminal is being envisaged as the first transshipment port in India.
5)INDIA SAW WORLDS LARGEST REDUCTION IN POVERTY ;
- More than 270 million people in India were lifted out of poverty from 2005 to 2016, the largest by any country in that period.
- This was stated in a study by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme.
Did You Know?The study was titled 'charting pathways out of multi dimensional poverty' :Achieving the SGD's.
6)NABARD SANCTIONED RS.795 CRORE FOR WEST BENGAL;
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)has sanctioned Rs. 795 crore for reconstructing infrastructure damaged by cyclone Amphan in West Bengal.
- The state government had sought Rs. 1, 028 cr from NABARD for repairing impaired embankments under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund(RIDF).
7)INDIA RANKED THIRD IN AN INDEX;
- India ranked third in the list of most suitable for global manufacturing among 48 countries in terms of cost competitiveness and operating conditions, according to property consultant cushman and wakefield.
- China and US retain the top two positions while India has moved one place higher to rank third.
Did You Know?The report was titled 'Global Manufacturing Risk Index(GMRI).
8)INDIA & RUSSIA TO EXPLORE JOINT PROJECTS;
- India and Russia are exploring to activate joint projects in Asia and Africa, as well as interaction in the field of digital technologies.
- This subject was part of a conference jointly organized by the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) and the MEA-run Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).